Saturday 31 January 2015

January Wrap Up

In January I managed to read 6 books which for me is a huge accomplishment although one book was for school and it was a very short play. 

At the end of 2014 I did a 2014 wrap up and I've decided now to do monthly wrap ups because I really enjoyed the 2014 one.

So here's what I read in the month of January!

1. Briar Rose - Jana Oliver (3*)
I really don't know whether I liked this or not. I felt some of the language was way too "fake" and wasn't how teenagers talk at all. The plot was both good and bad and kinda weird in parts but overall it's was alright. For some reason I think this book would have been better as a TV show not a book (??).

2. An Inspector Calls - J.B Priestly (no rating)
Read this for school, it's not brilliant but I kinda like the theme of responsibility in it.

3. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern (4*) 
I actually started this in 2014 but ended up reading other books at the same time and never finishing this. I didn't love this book as much as I wanted to but I really enjoyed the main plot and the writing style. It was really nice to read a fantasy for a change.

4. The Sky Is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson (5*)
Really loved this. I loved the poems in the book and I want my own Joe Fontaine.

5. Blood Red Road - Moira Young (4*)
This book really irritated me because it used no speech marks but other than that it was a good read and it was nice to read more dystopian seeing as I haven't read any since finishing The Death Cure.

6. Rebel Heart - Moira Young (4*)
I kinda prefered this book to the first one but I did not like the way Saba acted in some parts with DeMalo, I think it was just wrong and made me feel sick.

So that's what I read in January! I'm now 24% done with my GoodReads challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment