Friday 2 January 2015

Books For Christmas

This post has ended up being uploaded a lot later than I had expected but I decided to do it anyway. 

For Christmas I didn't ask for a lot other than books!

I gave  my mum a list of books I wanted to read and asked her to buy me a random selection as I wanted a surprise for my presents because all I asked for is books, haha.

So she got me a few off my list and a few surprise books.

So here's the Christmas book haul!

1. Tiger Lily - Jodi Lynn Anderson
I had wanted this book for such a long time so it was the first book I started reading and it was incredible.

2. Briar Rose - Jana Oliver
I had asked for Briar Rose by Jane Yolen but when you search that in amazon this is the first book that comes up so I think my mum may have got confused.

3. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld 
I've heard a lot of people talk about this book and I've seen mixed reviews so I hope it lives up to the hype and good reviews.

4. The Sky Is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson
I added this to my GoodReads a while ago but I honestly don't remember what it's about. It seems to have quite an original format from what I can see from flicking through it.

5. Stardust - Neil Gaiman
I watched the movie of this years ago and I was in love with it. I actually didn't know it was a book until last year so I hope it's as good as the movie adaptation.

6. The Dustlands Trilogy (Blood Red Road, Rebel Heart, Raging Star) - Moria Young
These are the books I hadn't asked for and I haven't actually heard of them but they're recommended for fans of The Hunger Games (like every dystopian novel) so I'm hoping to enjoy them. 

Hope everyone has had a good new year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment